Thursday, July 8, 2010

Quotes I'm Loving Today

Often on my facebook or twitter updates, I'll share a quote I've run across and loved. Today, I've come across many - too many to share in a status update, so I'm sharing them here in my blog. Enjoy!

I have read in Plato and Cicero sayings that are wise and very beautiful; but I have never read in either of them: Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden. ~ St. Augustine

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. ~ C. S. Lewis

There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it hardly becomes any of us to talk about the rest of us. ~Edward Wallis Hoch

Judge yourself; if you do that you will not be judged by God, as St. Paul says. But it must be a real sense of your own sinfulness, not an artificial humility. ~Johannes Tauler

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone. ~Audrey Hepburn

Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness. ~George Sand

If you must hold yourself up to your children as an object lesson, hold yourself up as a warning and not as an example. ~George Bernard Shaw

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections. ~Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment